The two in-form teams from Group 1, England and Australia will lock horns in this Super 12 game of ICC World T20 2021. Both teams are in good form winning both the matches they’ve played and will look to confirm their semi-finals spot by winning this game.
The England side is playing an aggressive brand of cricket. Their batsmen and bowlers are performing consistently and they are one of the top title contenders of the tournament. The opening duo of Jason Roy and Jos Buttler is one of the best among all the teams and is in good form as well. Buttler has got starts in both the games while Roy is coming off a brilliant half-century. Dawid Malan too looked good in the last game.
The English middle-order is yet to be tested and today is the day the team may need them to step up against an in-form Aussie side. Liam Livingstone and Eoin Morgan are out of form and England will hope that they get back on track in this important game. Their bowlers have done well in the first two games with Tymal Mills, Moeen Ali, and Adil Rashid in good form.
The Aussies will be very happy to see their openers coming back in form at the very right time. Both Aaron Finch and David Warner scored runs in the last game against Sri Lanka. Warner scored a brilliant 65 while Finch scored a quickfire 37. Steve Smith is in good form as well while Maxwell hasn’t been able to get going in the World Cup so far but was in great touch in the IPL a couple of weeks ago.
Mitchell Marsh too needs to score some runs. Marcus Stoinis meanwhile seems to be in form as well. The pace trio of Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, and Josh Hazlewood are looking in good rhythm while Adam Zampa too is bowling really well. The Aussie side is looking good especially with the openers getting some runs under their belt.
Head to Head
Overall: AUS lead 10-8
In T20WC: AUS 1-1 ENG
Probable Playing 11
Both teams have won two games each and should go with the winning combination without any changes.
England: Jason Roy, Jos Buttler (wk), Dawid Malan, Johnny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Eoin Morgan (c), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Tymal Mills.
Australia: Aaron Finch (), David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood
This game will be played in Dubai. The pitch here is the best for batting in the tournament. The dew makes it easier to score in the second innings which means teams will look to chase. 9 out of 10 games of the Super 12 round have been won by the chasing side. With the two strong teams playing, scores of around 160-170 can be expected today.
Stoinis vs Jordan: 87 runs at SR 242
Finch vs Rashid: 45 runs, 2 dismissals
Maxwell vs Jordan: 47 runs, 3 dismissal
Maxwell vs Rashid: Average 24, SR 160
Smith vs Rashid: 20 runs for 2 dismissals
Morgan vs Hazlewood: 2 runs, 2 dismissals
Bairstow vs Cummins: 20 runs, 3 dismissals
Moeen vs Maxwell: 11 runs, 2 dismissals
- Jason Roy: Jason Roy is currently one of the best and aggressive openers in white ball cricket. He attacks from ball one and exploits the power play to the fullest. Roy scored a brilliant 61 in the last game and will look to continue his good form with the bat against the Aussies.
- Jos Buttler: Buttler is another exceptional batter in this English side. He too just like Roy attacks from the word go. Buttler has got starts in two games but he couldn't convert them. England will want him to convert the starts and play a good knock against Australia.
- Tymal Mills: Tymal Mills has done an excellent job for his side in the first two games and made sure that England doesn't miss the services of Jofra Archer and Mark Wood. He has bowled with good pace and has been exceptional in the death overs. Mills has 5 wickets to his name in two games at an economy of 5.50.
- David Warner: David Warner after a string of low scores finally came back in form. Warner did what he's known for, scoring 65 runs off 42 deliveries. Australia will be very happy seeing him back with runs as they'll need him to be confident and in good form towards the business end of the tournament.
- Mitchell Starc: Mitchell Starc is bowling really well at the moment. The left-arm fast bowler has picked 4 wickets in two games and is looking in good rhythm. He is Australia's best bowler and they'll want him to be in good form.
- Glenn Maxwell: Maxwell was in superb form with the bat in the IPL. He was scoring runs in every game and he will look to continue that form. Maxwell hasn't really fired with the bat in the first two games but expect him to come good when his team needs him the most. He is contributing more with the ball as well making him a crucial part of this Aussie side.
Top Captaincy Picks
- Glenn Maxwell
- Jason Roy
- Jos Buttler
- David Warner
- Tymal Mills (Bowling First)
- Mitchell Starc (Bowling First)